Many organizations offer helpful information about restraint and seclusion reduction and prevention on their websites.
- Massachusetts Department of Mental Health: Restraint/Seclusion Reduction Initiative
- The Substance Abuse Mental Health Services Administration
- The National Association of State Mental Health Program Directors: Office of Technical Assistance
- The Alliance to Prevent Restraint, Aversive Interventions, and Seclusion
- Pennsylvania Recovery and Resiliency: Statewide Initiative
- National Disability Rights Network
Anna Moore, Phyllis Musumeci and other like-minded Florida parents of children with special needs work with Rep. Dorothy Hukill on legislation.
HB 81, Rep. Dorothy Hukill’s bill regarding the “use, prevention, and reduction of seclusion and restraint on students with disabilities in public schools,” moved to the PreK-12 Policy Committee Wednesday afternoon, three weeks after the bill’s first reading March 2.
Florida Families Against Restraint and Seclusion, co-wrote the bill and submitted it in 2007.